Right C.I. Tracker

Left C.I. Tracker

Sunday, August 30, 2009

PHOTOS OF EVIE'S HEARING HISTORY

Born Halloween '07 at 4 lbs 7 oz
Our tiny baby w/a feeding tube in
Going Home mid-Dec. '07 weighing just over 6 lbs
Big Brother Ian & Big Sister Kira hold Evie for the 1st time ever!
At 3 months old, Evie is getting her Hearing Aids! They are testing them here
She fell asleep during the appt. The sparkly 'bling bling' molds were fun! Had to hold the H.A.'s on with headbands at first.
My growing Masterpiece!
Morning of C.I. surgery 11/6/08 Just after surgery, hungry, tired and wearing her new medical bracelet from mommy
Her new friend Kaci the Koala
Going home soon!
Ouch! 12 stitches!
Homemade dressing after the first fell off
The swelling went away and the bruises appeared. You can see the lump where the implant is.
Activation day! 12/5/08
We love pink! This is the babyworn set-up. She giggled at her first sounds!
Evie falls asleep for the first time, while hearing!
Big Girl CI! Stickers on her silver CI w/out babyworn cords!
Evie, listening to loud clapping noises that she's making and loving it!
Listening to her brother and the duck toy.
Morning of 2nd CI surgery! 7/16/09
Zonked out with her bottle in hand.
Evie and mommy made new friends at the hospital!
Back at home and feeling good!
Wearing her CI over the bandage!
Ouch #2! 16 Stitches this time!
Falling asleep while hearing, totally healed on her left side.
Happy Girl playing at home and listening!
Evie plays the piano with Nana for the first time! Loves the noise!
Activation Day! 8/27/09 playing peek-a-boo with her sister!
Kaci the Koala also had a sequential implant surgery, Mommy operated on him while Kira assisted. He came to us as a left sided implant patient, so when Evie got her sequential surgery done, Kaci did as well. Now they are quite the pair!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that Evie is making great progress! It's so amazing how far she has come in such a short time! The pictures are great! I LOVE the one with Evie and Kaci...I can't wait to get our bilateral kiddos as well as our hearing kiddos together again soon! Keep up the good work Evie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calley,

    I am so proud of you! You and your husband did everything I would have done if Evie was my baby. I'm sure it was hard to put her in surgery, but the outcome is worth it! I, myself, cannot imagine not having hearing aids.

    Someday, I'll probably do the CI too. I'm already a candidate in my left ear. :) My right ear is not. So, for now, I'll wait until the right ear hearing is gone.

    Your children are beautiful. I plan to follow this blog on my Google Reader Account. Thank you for sharing!

    Love you (and your family)!

    Jill 'Johnston' Young

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Calley! What a beautiful daughter you have. (Well, all of your kids are lovely!) She has certainly been through a lot in her young life. It will be fascinating to follow her journey.

    ReplyDelete