Right C.I. Tracker

Left C.I. Tracker

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Evie is Rejecting her 1st CI This Week

Evie has decided that her second CI, the left one, is worth wearing now. She lets me put it on and starts talking in response to the noise she's recieving! This is just wonderful! What is not so wonderful is that I keep finding her 1st CI, the right one, on the floor, in her high chair, in her crib, but never on her ear!! She has begun fighting me when I put it on her by shaking her head vigorously.
Has anyone else dealt with this in their sequential implant kids? I know this will pass and that we just need to keep putting it back on her, but it is frustrating. The audiologist just checked both processors last week and they were great. Evie is throwing both of her right side processors off so I know it isn't because of malfunctioning external parts. Now I'm just wondering if she is getting used to the quieter left side and doesn't want the louder right one on. She's a bit awnry, I like that about her, but it drives me batty some days!

These photos are completely unrelated, but this is what I've been doing around the house lately...
Evie's Room, Newly rearranged and cleaned
Evie just before eating, happy and excited...
Evie after being submitted to Beef Mac N Cheese and then Chocolate Pudding w/Bananas. She looks disgusted and exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment